Thursday, June 5, 2008

Good Parenting?

This is how I let my five-year-old leave the house to run some errands with me today:




Let's go in for a closer look, shall we?



Now, I think allowing a child to go out in public wearing shorts, a swim mask, and a hoodie says, "I allow my children to express their personalities in creative ways, and I'm confident enough in my parenting skills that I feel no need to force him to change just to avoid negative judgments from others we might see as we go about our business." Other people might read it as, "I'm way too lazy to find something else for my kid to wear."

I'll let you decide for yourself.

2 comments:

glassGirl said...

I read it as somewhere in between ... more like, "I think he looks silly, but this is not the hill I want to die on."

Vern said...

Octavia hit it on the head. Classic!!!