Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life Lesson

This weekend, I learned that even if one has been a diligent Weight Watchers member for the past month and a half, and one has lost 12 pounds, and one's jeans are sliding off of one's rapidly shrinking hips, one should not pull an old pair of pants that one hasn't worn in five years and two kids out of the closet just to see how close one is to one's former self. One is likely to be unpleasantly surprised, and realize just how much weight one still has to lose, and spend the rest of the weekend wondering how one let oneself get so stinking fat in the first place.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Henrie Family said...

I'm very impressed you lost weight during December at all. I will be paying a visit to my local Weight Watchers to try and start losing the 12 pounds I'm sure I gained during December. I'd say, keep up the good work, with that kind of will-power those jeans will fit before you know it.

Semi Granola Mom said...

So much truth, so hard to swallow... I hear ya, I hear ya :)
~C

glassGirl said...

Yeah, here's the thing about older, pre-childbirth pants: they will never look right, no matter how much weight you lose. I actually weighed LESS right before I got pregnant the third time than I did right before I got pregnant the first time, yet I still couldn't wear my original pre-first-pregnancy pants.

Yes, I tried. Yes, my reaction was similar to yours.

Lowe Family said...

Enjoy that 12 pound weight loss. That is awesome and you're looking great!