Thursday, April 2, 2009

And now, it's time for me to brag on my son

The elementary school had a fundraising Math-a-Thon today. Every kid in the school did 100 math problems. Theoretically, they've spent the past couple weeks getting pledges from friends and neighbors for finishing said problems. Fortunately for our family, the pledges aren't actually due until next week. (If you get a call from one of my kids, please be nice and support them. Hey, I didn't let them sell you crummy wrapping paper last fall, so do a sister a solid this time around, okay?)

Anyhoo, I was at the school correcting the 6th grade students' papers. The parent volunteers were in the 6th grade common area, and kids from all the classrooms would bring us their papers, we'd correct them, they'd redo the ones they missed, we'd correct them again, rinse, lather, repeat. The mom across the table from me looked up from the paper she was correcting and said, "This kid is a rock star! He hasn't missed one problem. I wish he were my kid." I glanced at the name, tried not to look too smug, and said, "Yeah, that's MY kid."

3 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

Boo-yah!
~C

Mama D said...

Awesome!

Tier317 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.