Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cupcake Fun

The Cub Scouts held their Blue and Gold Banquet last night, and each scout was supposed to bring a patriotic dessert. Here's Thomas with his cupcakes.
Yeah, I don't know what's up with the arm, either, but I thought he had a cute smile. Here's a closeup on one of the cupcakes.The "Star-Spangled-est Dessert" award was well deserved, don't you think? I got some pre-made fondant and star-shaped cookie cutters for him to play with. Fondant looks cool and is fun to decorate with, but man, does it ever taste naaaasty.

And here's Katie helping to show off the cupcakes. Note the uncombed hair at 5:00 in the afternoon. That, my friends, is a mark of good parenting.

4 comments:

Mama D said...

Those cupcakes look great! I bet Thomas had fun decorating.

And Katie's hair? Aw, it's all in a day's work, isn't it?!

Pamela said...

*raises hand* Actually, only pre-made fondant is nasty, and there are some brands that aren't, for that matter. I don't have the recipe myself, but when I was taking the Wilton classes the teacher brought in some fondant she had made herself. It tasted pretty darn good.

Sherise said...

Pam: I found a recipe for buttercream fondant on Allrecipes.com, but I didn't have time to make it. I'll have to give it a try!

Vern said...

Samantha had an "Ace of Cakes" birthday party last weekend so I got some fondant, and I couldn't agree more with your "naaaaasty" sentiment.